Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Rest of Target's Customer Service

Well obviously there's the customer service at the actual retail locations at Target, but what about the rest of Target customer service?

For example, the online and telemarketing services. Recently, I purchased Up&Up toothbrush replacement heads, and it had serious quality issues.

You really do pay for what you get. I decided to go with the cheaper Target brand compared to the brand name like Oral B. The Up&Up brand toothbrush head was loose which caused it to snag the inside of my lip causing it to bleed. Like any idiot, I still continued to give it 4 more tries. I thought I was the problem. Well, 3 out of 4 times, the toothbrush head snagged my lip. It was time to get a refund and report the issue.

Problem: No receipt, and one was used.

I contacted the number listed on the back of the box to see if I could get a refund. I wasn't in the mood to go run to my nearest Target.



Basically, I wasted 15 minutes of my life to mainly prove a point. My point being, I don't think any one manned the number that I called. All it did was continue to ring and then say "We're sorry to keep you waiting. Calls are answered in the order they are received."



My first thought was "How many crazy people are calling to complain about stuff?!" Then, I was like "I don't know maybe more than I know."

Next, I tried the website listed on the packaging.


Also no good.

However, it did finally redirect me to a different page, where I filled out a form. The only difference to getting to that page...not entering in the "www."

So it said someone would respond within one to two business days. I didn't believe it, and went to the store to return it. 
I went to the DT Minneapolis store with the opened package and missing used toothbrush head replacement ready to fight the customer service employee for my money back. It was easy and painless. She told me I probably wouldn't get the full amount back, and it was only for store credit. I was satisfied!

They actually did respond to me within one to two business days as well. It was asking for a variety of information about the product though, which I no longer had since I already returned it. Hopefully, no one else gets the same experience with the product as I did though.

How do you feel about Target and its customer service? I felt pretty satisfied with the in-person service, and the online/email service wasn't too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment