This is also a great meal to make when you are expecting guests. It's fairly easy to prepare and make a large amount of. Plus everyone can make their soup taste as they please with the ingredients they choose to put in it. The recipe below is just for about 2-3 people.
20 cups water
4-6 beef ribs
1 package of rice stick noodles
1 bundle of cilantro
1 bundle of green onion
1 package of instant beef broth for Vietnamese Noodle Soup
1 dehydrated galangal
2-3 star aniseed
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce
1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon of beef flavor
1 green leaf
3 stalks of celery
1. If you are planning using the rice stick noodles that are thick and wide like the one in the picture below.
It's best to soak it the night before in a large container of water. If do not soak it, the noodles will be too hard.
3. Let the meat cook for about 15 minutes. Be sure to scoop out the film/froth on top. Stir in the instant beef broth. Let this boil and cook for about 30 minutes. When the beef ribs are cooked, you can take off the meat from the ribs put it aside to be added into your soup later on.
4. While you are waiting for your meat to finish cooking. You can start rinsing off and chopping your veggies.
|From left to right: Green leaf, Celery, Cilantro, and green onions|
Not pictured: Limes
6.Once the water has started boiling and the meat is cooked. Take a strainer and put the rice stick noodles (about 1/4 of a package) in the hot water without the broth. Let the noodles soak in the water for about 15-30 seconds until it is nice and soft. Drain the water from the noodles.
7. Put the noodles in a soup bowl and add the beef broth to it.
|Don't worry if your is not this dark.|
|If you taste it and it's too salty, just add more water.|
8. Now your soup is ready for the ingredients.
hoisin sauce. Some people like this without adding the ingredients as well. It's really optional, but I personally prefer adding it.
10. Be sure to squeeze in some limes and add the veggies to your soup.
If you'd like to make this dish but you can't find all the right ingredients. Don't worry. There's another way to make this that is faster and healthier.
You can just boil the water, soak your noodles to make it soft and add ingredients and your choice of meat and veggies. For noodles that you don't need to soak the night before, you can use this type.
Enjoy! Feel free to comment below if you have any questions or other ingredients you like to add.