Friday, June 27, 2014

Day 4 of Detox/Cleanse

 I thought it was supposed to get better after the third day...

Thursday:
Detox Breakfast Smoothie  (For 2)
Creamy Papaya Mango Smoothie (DetoxPage Instagram)
1/2 papaya (ripe)
1 mango
2 bananas
2 cups of coconut water
2 cubes of ice

I thought this one would be amazing. All the things I could however I didn't like the texture of it. I probably didn't put enough coconut water and should have blended it more. Tosh said this was one of his top three.

Detox Dinner Smoothie (For 2)
Icy Orange Grapefruit Lime Slush
2 oranges
Half a grapefruit (1 lemon)
1/2 lime
1 cup of ice

This was personally one of my favorites. It was nice and juicy and refreshing.

Last day is today. Not quite a full week, but we will be traveling to Wisconsin so that makes things difficult especially with my mom's yummy cooking. And it helps to be at 100% when working at a Food Truck.

Here's what we had this Friday morning:
Using what veggies and fruits we had left.

Detox Morning Smoothie (For 1 - For Him)
Kale Smoothie
4 cubes of ice
2 kale leaves
1 banana
1 tablespoon of agave nectar
1 tablespoon of chai seeds
1 tablespoon of spirlunia
1 cup of almond milk

Berry Delicious (For 1 - For Her)
1 cup of almond milk
4 cubes of ice
1 banana
1 cup of mixed berries (blueberries/strawberries/raspberries - frozen)

Apparently this time around the Kale didn't sit well with him. I personally loved my smoothie this morning. It was one of the few I finished off completely.

Definitely try things you think you'll actually drink, if you are like me and stubborn and would rather starve than drink something that taste horrible. BAD IDEA. I felt so weak doing that. There's no harm in healthy snacking in between meals (ie. cashew nuts, almond nuts, and my favorite hummus and wheat thins) especially if you are just starting out.

Good luck! Hopefully you survived better than I did. Let me know how your experience went for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment