Thursday, June 19, 2014

Wong's Gourmet Review

Lately, I've been making my eating decisions based on my ValPak coupons or direct mail pieces. Yesterday on my half-day, I was craving greasy Chinese food, and I had a coupon for Wong's Gourmet. It was a deal for a few dollars off if we spent more than $15. The meal was so inexpensive I wasn't even able to use my coupon. They actually have a coupon listed on their website as well.

The meal was mediocre. We order their lunch specials: Kung Po Chicken and General Tso's Chicken (about $5.75 each) which comes with rice and crab rangoon or eggrolls. We weren't given an option of crab rangoon or eggrolls, but we received crab rangoons. They had the option of fried rice or white rice. I thought they put too much vegetables in their Kung Po Chicken and not enough chicken. Their General Tso's Chicken tasted like any other Chinese restaurant decent but nothing spectacular.

Kung Po Chicken Top: General Tso's Chicken on Bottom
I think the portion size were decent. I actually ended up packing my dish to go. I wouldn't go out of my way to try this place, but if you happen to be in the area and craving some Chinese food stop by for a cheap meal.

Any good Chinese restaurants you recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment