Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A week of Detoxing

My boyfriend and I have just recently celebrated our 3 month. When we had first started seeing each other we were convinced we wouldn't be like other couples and GET FAT. However, it's a difficult feat, and like all good couples before us, we slowly stopped working out, spent most of our time lounging around, gaining weight/losing muscle, and eating unhealthy.

He used to work out everyday, and I at least 1-3 times a week. Now we are pretty much stagnant. 

This past Sunday, we decided to make an active change. We would take this week to detox and cleanse our bodies from all to crap, we've been putting into our bodies. However, we wanted to be realistic and not just drink smoothies for the whole day but would allow ourselves one meal of solid food: LUNCH.

Below are some of the detox smoothies we've tried so far. These smoothies are taking from or inspired by detoxpage via Instagram.

Monday:
Detox Breakfast Smoothie
Blood Orange-Raspberry
Blend 1 cup of raspberries
1/2 cup of beet juice (I just used one beet)
1 large banana
2 medium blood oranges (I used 3 regular oranges)
1/2 cup of coconut water
(For two people)

This actually tasted a lot better than I expected with the beet juice. I was also worried that it would be too dense. I'd definitely try this one again. Unlike the BF, I didn't make this day without cheating. I snacked on a chocolate chip cookie for my brunch snack. Then I had some cashew nuts for my linner snack. I think if you are going to snack make sure it's healthy snack unlike my chocolate chip cookie.

Detox Dinner Smoothie
His & Her Berry Smoothies
1 cup of almond milk
1 tbsp raw almond butter (I didn't add this)
1/2 banana (I added a full one)
1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
1/4 cup of blackberries
I also added a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of spirulina which isn't in the original recipe. It was a bad move. The smoothie tasted horrible. I wasn't able to finish mine. Also the above version is technically for "Him".

Wish us luck on our journey! Finishing up on Day 2 and eager for tomorrow's solid food lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment