Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sarnas Classic Grill Review

I have no clue how we always end up at Sarnas when we are celebrating. I spent my first birthday with Tosh here, and we also ended up coming here for Tosh's celebration on his new job. I supposed both of those events took place on a Monday. That could have possibly played a role on the decision to dine here, in addition to the location in proximity to my place. 

I don't find the food to be particularly amazing, but they do have great drink specials, and Monday Bingo for $1. It's reasonably price for the food for the most part.

The first time I was there, I had their, Alaskan Fish & Chips, Alaskan Pollock filets in a tempura batter, deep fried golden brown. Served with fries and tartar sauce. I was unimpressed with the batter. It was a bit overcooked cooked, brown and too crunchy.

This time around, Tosh's stomach was a bit uneasy from his previous meal. He decided to stick to good old comfort food: Chicken Pot Pie, a creamy layer of mashed potatoes, herbed chicken, vegetables & gravy topped with a puff pastry crust. It was actually the best chicken pot pie I have ever had. It's highly recommended. The puff pastry crust is delicious!!!

I attempted to stay a bit healthier with their Caprese Chicken, grilled chicken topped with fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato & balsamic vinaigrette on a ciabatta bun. Again, I was unimpressed. The chicken didn't seem to be cooked thoroughly, and I apparently hate ciabatta bun for bread. This is of no fault of anyone's than my own. Luckily, I was able to eat some of Tosh's meal, and we did order some appetizers as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment