Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dixie's On Grand St Paul

If you are looking for Southern Cuisine keep on looking, because Dixie's is not it.

I've been eagerly searching for fried green tomatoes for two reasons. One, loooooove the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" and two, my sister and brother-in-law were raving about how good it was at the MN state fair. Their fried green tomatoes at Dixie's left my friend and I quite underwhelmed. The breading on the fried green tomatoes was a weird grainy texture.

Fried Tomatoes
We had a wobbly table and the atmosphere was quite loud, despite it being a Wednesday night at 6 pm. It was awkward eating with our wobbly table and leaning in to hear what the other was saying trying to hear over the noise of other loud patrons.

I ordered the shrimp po' boy, and although it wasn't horrible. It was definitely the worst po' boy I've had. And that's just in the mid-west. I can't even imagine how it would compare to true southern cuisine. All in all...you wouldn't be missing much if you haven't been here before. I can see why people would come here to get loud and rowdy on a late Saturday night though. If that's not your scene keep on walking...

No comments:

Post a Comment