Thursday, July 17, 2014

White Rose Inn Wisconsin Dells Review

Hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July.

Every year I'm actually foolishly optimistic and excited about the holiday, and then I realize I actually don't enjoy it. We'll to be more exact I don't enjoy aspects of the holiday, for example, the late night fireworks before the 4th of July and the continuous and never ending fireworks on the 4th of July.

However, this year my boyfriend and I decided to get away and head to Wisconsin Dells. I was super excited, because we would be fulfilling a secret desire of mine to stay at a bed and breakfast, the White Rose Inn in the Kilbourne room.

It was...a bit disappointing. It was actually what I was expecting but a little worse. Don't get me wrong, the location was "AH-MAZING". Just a few blocks down from DT Wisconsin Dells. But it was like staying at "an old white person's house". Thankfully the other guests there were cordial but not overly friendly. We were freaking out, because the room seemed warm. There was not air conditioner in the unit. Luckily, they addressed this issue right away and showed us the hallway control. We could control all of the room units. So hopefully, no one was freezing or too hot because of our adjustments. The TV was outdated; there was no phone. And we weren't sure if there was a community fridge or not. We did wander the house looking for a fridge in the community area and found one, but it might have been the caretaker's fridge. Luckily, they didn't seem to mind.

We arrived about 12 pm...4 hours early before check-in, but luckily they allowed us an early check in. In the deck area, there was some cold water waiting for us. Our room was tiny as expected from the pictures, but at least we didn't have to have a community bathroom, and there was a nice whirl pool.

After the first night of staying there. They did clean up a little bit, but they didn't replenish our shampoo and soap.

Overall, I'm glad we gave it a chance, but I would have rather stayed at a hotel. However, I think the location of the White Rose Inn was perfect.



Where have you stayed in Wisconsin Dells? Any suggestions?







No comments:

Post a Comment