Wednesday, January 1, 2014

14 dresses one night to kick off the new year of 2014

Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Year's Eve!

I've reached that point in my life where it doesn't really matter how I celebrate, but it's way more important that I be with people I care about and who sincerely care about me.

That being said, it is fun to kick off the new year in style and with festivities. This year was a bit more eventful compared to my previous year of staying in with the brother-in-law and big sis barely keeping our eyes open for midnight to come along. I flew to Chicago via Spirit Airlines, which is fairly consistent with being delayed or having some issue occur. This time around I arrived to Chicago on time, however, we did not have a gate available. So waiting in the plane to get a gate actually took a lot longer than my actual flight to get to Chicago.

We went to the IO's Interactive New Year's Eve event. It was fairly entertaining since I always appreciate improv comedy. It was all you could drink for about $65 including party favors and prizes. I personally did not think it was worth the money, but it was a fun and different way to celebrate the new year.

Now to my attire for the festivities. I'm lucky to have a fashionista in my life who let's me raid her closet of those items that don't quite fit right.
 
Below is a few ways to style the dress I wore for last night's festivities.

Cute sleeves - Front

Cute Sleeves - Back

Simple tube top with texture - Front

Back of simple tube top

V-neck line with thicker sleeves

Back of V-neck line
 
Halter top with bow - Front

Halter top with box - Back
 

One sided sleeve - Front

One-sided sleeve - Back
 
Knotted Sleeves - Back

Knotted sleeves cross - Front

Tube top bow
 
Off the shoulders - Front
Off the shoulders - Back




Smaller sleeves (You'll need safety pins for this look)


 

Another version of the tube top





Knotted sleeves - Front


 

 
Which look was your favorite?
 
Sorry some of these dresses didn't have photos of images of the styles in the back. Here's a video that can also help you style your versatile dress.
 


2 comments:

  1. you did a great job on creating the looks! the knotted sleeves look and the one right below it will look great on you!!! and you're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun putting the different looks together, and there's so many more styles!

    ReplyDelete