Friday, November 22, 2013

Is Mister Rogers Evil?

And I stumbled across this ridiculous Youtube video...from FOX of course. Just saying.


Mister Rogers tells children they are unique and special, ergo they don't feel the need to try hard? Or they struggle with the concept that they aren't as special as they thought?

PUH-LEASE! Pretty sure, it's an American thing. Everyone is a winner. FOX said they compared US children to children in Asian countries on performance or something like that, and the children in Asian performed better or had the desire to try better in regards to grades.

I had a good laugh. Can't be proven unless these children have super controlled lives and situations and are only allowed to watch Mister Rogers compared to kids who are living the exact same lives and watching things OTHER than Mister Rogers.

It's an interesting theory though. I do believe that people who feel self-entitled and special won't feel the need to try as hard compared to others who feel the need to prove themselves. However, people who do feel more content with their lives will probably be happier. Either way, this has nothing to do with Mister Rogers.

What do you think? I'll try not to judge, but I probably will. However, your opinion is your own and I'll try my "bestest" to respect it. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment