Friday, November 15, 2013

DT Minneapolis Food Truck Review

After a long winter that just wouldn't go away as well as an extra rainy and stormy summer, it's best to find some great things like Food Trucks to help us get through the weeks and crazy weather. It's also a great opportunity to get outside and out of the office.

This year the food trucks have moved to Marquette. It's always fun to walk around and see what trucks are there since it changes from day-to-day. There are also a couple of venders handing out free items as well such as humus and free soda. 

Below are the three food trucks I visited. None of them disappointed. The only thing that I have an issue with is the long wait, prices, and how awkward it is to eat. The food comes in flimsy containers, and you have to walk a few blocks away to find good seating if you aren't heading back to the office. The containers are definitely not for "To Go". You can't cover your food up and save it for later. It's more of an eat it all or toss it and dream about it later situation which is fine...but I love eating leftovers.

Chef Shack:

Chef Shack



I told my coworkers that I wanted something that was easy to eat, but a burger with a fried egg on it was the opposite of that. However, it was worth all the messiness and napkins.

World Street Kitchen:

They have Bangkok Burrito with flour tortillas, stuffed with fried rice, "secret sauce", cilantro and basil . You have the choice of red curry chicken, Korean "BBQ" beef short ribs, or crispy marinated tofu.

You also have the option of getting the rista tostas which had spicy jerk beef with white cheddar.

Korean "BBQ" Burrito


Hola Arepa:

Mole Chorizo Sausage Arepa
As you can see, I got the Mole (accent mark on the e) Chorizo Sausage Arepa. Other options were: slow-roasted pork, chimicurri chicken, Cuban ham and roasted pork, and black bean and queso fresco arepas.

Get Sauced:

 

Sadly, I don't have the exact name of the sandwich I got at "Get Sauced" but it was topped with coleslaw with an amazing spicy green sauce on the side!

My favorite food trucks this season was Hola Arepa and Get Sauced; hopefully we'll see them next summer.

There's lots of other trucks I have to try though. Let me know what food trucks you've enjoyed as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment