Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Best Juicy Lucy: Matt's Bar vs. 5-8 Bar in Minneapolis

As a food lover, the topic of food often covers a good portion of my conversations and once I get a food item in my head I have to have it. This was definitely the case of the Juicy Lucy. After having discussions with my friend about going for Juicy Lucy's, I had to have it. I even braved the severe Minnesota winter weather to get it.

The first place, I went for the Juicy Lucy was at Matt's Bar. There is much debate about where the infamous Juicy Lucy originated from. This seems like a hole in a wall restaurant with have too many chairs and tables shoved into a tiny space. The prices are cheap though! We (my sister, brother-in-law, and I) were all in great anticipation for the Juicy Lucy and were all left a bit disappointed. They had only offered on standard Juicy Lucy with cheddar cheese in the middle.

When I got my greasy burger cravings again, I decided to try their competitor's Juicy Lucy at the 5-8 Bar. I was not disappointed. That or I was so disappointed at Matt's Bar that it made 5-8 Bar seem awesome! They had more than one option of the Juicy Lucy. I have to go back and try them all!!!

Juicy Lucy Options
I actually went with the Saucy Sally which is considered the Lucy's younger sister. It's a half pound burger stuffed with their "secret sauce" and topped with American cheese, shredded lettuce, raw onions, and a smear of Thousand Island Dressing. I'm a sucker for Thousand Island sauce, but it was extremely hard to decide between that and the Pepper Juicy Lucy.

Saucy Sally
Compared to Matt's Bar we didn't have to ask for anything extra. They already added the lettuce and all the ingredients for us plus we didn't have order fries separately. This paired with a beer definitely hit the spot for me this time!

Just one more place to try, The Blue Door Pub, and then I'll make a true decision on the best Juicy Lucy in the Twin Cities area.

Let me know if you've had a Juicy Lucy and where you think the best one is located!



No comments:

Post a Comment